Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Stay Tuned

If you're reading this, you presumably already know who I am and what this is all about. I highly doubt you're some random, bored internet lurker that happened upon this blog because you're looking for something to pass the time (if that's actually the case - welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay, but I fully expect that you'll eventually realize you've made a mistake and so I won't take it personally when you leave).

A brief synopsis wouldn't hurt, I suppose. Last summer, I got my first taste of West Coast life in California's Silicon Valley where I had an internship at an awesome startup in Palo Alto. In fact, I blogged about all of that too, so feel free to check it out. During school in the fall, I looked to find a job for after graduation, and eventually decided on one out in the Pacific Northwest. This meant I would finally move away from the East Coast where I've been pretty much my entire life. It is quite the change, but one I'm very ready and excited for. It is here that I will chronicle my journey and adventures.

Why document this in blog form? Well, I liked doing it last summer, and it's an easy way to update people interested in my experience all at once. This is especially true when those people include my parents, brother, grandparents, Emily the cat, cousins, aunts, uncles, college friends, friends from home, etc. Hopefully it won't weird-out people I meet in the Seattle area if they find it. Oh god... will this make me a social pariah in my new home? Do people out here even know about blogs like this? Will I ever be able to get over the fact that things on TV actually air 3 hours earlier than advertised? To find out the answers to these questions and more, stay tuned...

One quick programming note: I actually already have a bit of a backlog for the blog here. Truth be told, I arrived in Seattle yesterday and the first few posts will recap things that have happened in days or weeks prior. Since I don't start work for another week, I should have plenty of time to get caught all the way up the present. Pictures will be posted when possible - here's one to show you how awesome the weather will be for my first week in the area, despite the bad reputation is has:


No comments:

Post a Comment