Friday, August 31, 2012

The Gang's All Here

Not even a dozen posts into this thing and I'm already falling behind. I was on a pretty good schedule of posting by Sunday night every week, but as you know (if you've been reading), life keeps getting busier... in a good way.

Andrew is now here, so things at the apartment are in full swing. I did another big furniture trip with him last weekend, similar to Calvin the week before. I don't think I'll ever spend too much time in IKEA; I think I may have been an interior decorator in another life. I have no taste for style/color schemes, but I like just thinking about the layout of stuff and how everything will fit. I think I said this at least once already, but it really is like life-size LEGOs. After getting my drill and saw, I've also been slowly making adjustments to things that make me feel like I'm at the expert level of not following the instructions.

To give you an idea of how things look, here are a couple more pictures of our ever-in-shambles apartment:

Living Room
Andrew's room
Things have improve a lot since I took those pictures, but I think I'll wait until everything is finally setup before I take more. At least know you'll be able to appreciate how far the place will have come since we moved in.

Work has been extremely satisfying. I'm constantly working on cool and important things, as well as learning and meeting all sorts of smart and interesting people. Things sometimes seem a little overwhelming, but I somehow manage to figure things out in the end (with a LOT of help from the people I work with).

Calvin has been cooking dinner consistently, which means my diet has vastly improved. We have the luxury of being able to just walk downstairs to the grocery store every night and choose what we want to have for dinner (although Calvin and Andrew usually do most of the choosing). I actually managed to cook sausage tonight, and by "cook" I mean "put on the stove and heat the precooked sausage", but I ate it nonetheless. There are nights when Calvin doesn't cook and I'm left to fend for myself.

I also think I forgot to talk about my time at the gym I have access to. It feels like a small town just inside the building. There are restaurants and cafes which someone people go to regardless of the fact that there's also workout facilities. There are 3 different rooms for cardio, each with a different amount of light depending on your personal preference. Apparently the "dark room" is good if you don't want anyone else to see you work out. There are squash and tennis courts, swimming pools, saunas, spas, and more.

One of the cool things was I got a free personal training session as a new member. The guy was pretty cool, and I got along with him well. We talked a lot about soccer since he's a big Sounders fan. He showed me some cool exercises, but more importantly made me realize how out of shape I really am. I still haven't exactly figured out when I'll be going to the gym, and I've contemplated sticking with a trainer just so I'm practically forced to do it. It's a bit expensive, though, so I'll definitely try to do it on my own first.

3-day weekend coming up, and apparently Calvin's family is having a potluck BBQ on Labor Day so we'll be doing that in addition to finalizing furniture. I also look forward to getting lots of sleep and enjoying the awesome weather. I do have a post planned to (literally) walk you through my day at work, but not sure when I'll get around to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment